Look Good, Feel Good
Did you know that pets feel their best when they look their best? It’s true! Pet grooming isn’t all about aesthetics. In fact, grooming plays an important role in preventive health.
When your pet comes in for their grooming appointment, they’ll experience much more than a simple bath or hair cut. The enriching process of pet grooming offers the following benefits to a pet’s overall health:
- The removal of dead skin cells, mats, tangles, or loose hairs improves circulation.
- Spotting external parasites, like fleas or ticks, can lead to prompt removal and immediate treatment of associated issues.
- Checking the existence/location of lumps/bumps, wounds, or infections can result in quick diagnosis.
- Washing and brushing spreads the skin’s healthy oils throughout the coat for a lustrous shine.
- A close look at the overall appearance of the ears, eyes, nose, teeth, and gums can lead to supportive treatments. Cleaning of these physical features can reduce many problems affecting a pet, such as ear mites, dental disease, or eye infections.
- It’s fun! Pets often bond with their groomer and show lots of affection during and after the experience.
Obviously, there’s a bonus to having your pet groomed at the same place they receive veterinary care. If your groomer happens to see something during their session, like a parasite-related problem or a large lump, they’ll be able to inform your pet’s vet of the discovery. Your pet’s groomer plays a critical role on your pet’s path to health.
Grooming Services at Animal Medical Center
We welcome dogs and guinea pigs in our grooming facility regardless of size, age, or breed. All grooming appointments include:
- Nail trim
- Anal gland expression
- Ear pluck
Owners can choose to add a haircut to their service. We offer standard cuts, specialty cuts, and puppy cuts. Optional services include medicated baths, teeth brushing, deshedding / de-matting, and hair dyeing. Please call us at (813) 654-6222 for pricing and appointment availability.
How to Prepare Your Pet
We adhere to strict protocols to ensure that all of our guests and staff retain their health, safety, and wellness. All pets must be current on these vaccinations:
They must also have a negative fecal test within the last 6 months of their upcoming visit. Your pet doesn’t have to be a patient at Animal Medical Center to receive our grooming services, but we will need proof of health from their veterinarian.
Welcoming New and Existing Clients!
Once your pet’s appointment is booked, we request the completion of this brief form prior to arrival.
We encourage you to specify which services you want your pet to have, and if you have a specific cut or style we’ll do our best to accommodate your requests.
Grooming sessions are available by appointment only on Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Please call us today to get your pet’s appointment on the books. Remember, when they look their best, they feel their best!