Happy New Year from Animal Medical Center! If you are anything like us, you are contemplating New Year’s Resolutions, and we think that sharing your resolutions with your favorite family member is a great idea. Read on for our best resolutions for pets and people to share.
Resolutions for Pets (and People), too
We know that New Year’s Resolutions that incorporate others are much more likely to succeed. Why not make that other party your pet? Some of our favorite New Year’s Resolutions include:
- Weight loss—Your pet is your judgment-free partner on this one. They can be your motivation, your weigh-in partner, and your walking buddy. Set a goal for one or both of you and get going!
- A commitment to others—Helping others is a great resolution. Making a commitment to someone or something else is an important act, and with your pet’s watchful eyes overlooking you, you are sure to stay true to your word.
- Quit smoking—Use your pet to help you replace smoking or another unwanted habit. Each time you have an urge to partake, take your dog for a walk, brush your cat, or play with them. Think about how much healthier your pet will be for skipping your smoke as well.
- Eat better—Typically, both pets and people need to make some improvements in this department. Work together to eat healthy, well-balanced meals and minimize snacking.
- Manage stress—Pets don’t judge and are great listeners. They can be wonderful assets for us to vent to and destress. Spending time with them is also shown to improve our mental health.
- Exercise more—You are much more likely to stay true to your activity goals when you have another being reminding you that it is time to go for a walk!
- Catch up on health care—Are you overdue for a checkup or screening test? Make a resolution to get both you and your pet in for wellness care and you will both be healthier for it! Contact us to schedule your pet’s examination, vaccinations, dental cleaning, or whatever else they need.
Making Your New Year’s Resolutions Meaningful
New Year’s Resolutions are much more likely to be successful when they have a meaningful impact. While it is easy to brush our own health and success off as not so important at times, it is much more difficult to ignore that of our furry family.
By including your pet in your New Year’s Resolutions, it gives you a bigger impact and a partner to lean on during the process. Our pets are truly (wo)man’s best friends.
So what are you waiting for? With your pet by your side, you can make 2023 the best year yet for both of you!